Smothered: A Whipped and Sipped Mystery
by G. P. Gottlieb
Smothered: A Whipped and Sipped Mystery
2nd in Series
Publisher: D. X. Varos, Ltd. (February 16, 2021)
Paperback: 258 pages
Digital ASIN: B08HX7TWNH
Alene Baron doesn’t go looking for mysteries, they find her. When the highly disliked owner of a business neighboring the Whipped and Sipped Cafe turns up dead, the list of potential suspects is pretty long, including all of the members of his quarrelsome family. Missing wills, convenient accidents, and enough red herring to feed the lunch crowd spice up this tantalizing tale. As always, while pondering the evidence, Alene also comes up with creative vegan dishes to serve her customers and share with you.
Check out this delicious recipe.
Creamy Chocolate Sauce or Icing G.F. V.
1 ¼ cup water
1 small baked sweet potato (with skin)
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 TBSP decaf or coffee powder or crystals
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
- Replace ¼ cup of water with a liquor
- Replace at least ¼ cup of water with any kind of milk
- Add a whole peeled orange
- Add ¼ brown sugar for a sweeter frosting or sauce
- Place ingredients in a high-powered blender and turn on the ‘soup’ setting. The heat will temper the chocolate, which will turn shiny. It should be smooth enough to pour or spread.
- If you don’t have a soup setting, use your blender to mix everything until completely smooth, pour into a microwave-safe container, then zap in the microwave for one minute. Stir, zap another 30 seconds, and stir again until the sauce is a little steamy and silky looking.
- If you want a sweeter sauce, consider one of the options above.
- After a night in the refrigerator, the sauce will be thicker, more like a ganache. Zap it again if you need it to be easily spreadable.
- Use it to frost a cake, or dip strawberries, or enjoy teaspoonfuls of it all week (if it lasts that long) knowing that it is definitely healthful!
About G. P. Gottlieb
G.P. Gottlieb has worked as a musician, a teacher, and an administrator, but she’s happiest when writing recipe-laced murder mysteries. Battered: A Whipped and Sipped Mystery and Smothered: A Whipped and Sipped Mystery take place in the spring and summer of 2019 and a third book in the series will center on a murder that occurs during the city of Chicago’s lockdown in May 2020. G.P. Gottlieb has always experimented in the kitchen and created her delicious vegan cookies and cakes in direct opposition to what she learned in courses at Chicago’s French Pastry School. She is host for New Books in Literature, a podcast channel on the New Books Network, the mother of three grown children, and lives with her husband in a Chicago high-rise that is strikingly similar to the building portrayed in the Whipped and Sipped Mystery series.
Facebook Author Page https://www.facebook.com/authorgottlieb
Facebook Personal Page https://www.facebook.com/gp.gottlieb/
February 15 – StoreyBook Reviews – REVIEW
February 15 – I’m All About Books – SPOTLIGHT
February 16 – A Blue Million Books – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
February 16 – ebook addicts – SPOTLIGHT
February 17 – Novels Alive – GUEST POST
February 18 – I Read What You Write – SPOTLIGHT, RECIPE
February 19 – #BRVL Book Review Virginia Lee Blog – SPOTLIGHT
February 20 – Celticlady’s Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
February 20 – Books a Plenty Book Reviews – REVIEW
February 21 – Maureen’s Musings – SPOTLIGHT
February 21 – Literary Gold – REVIEW
February 22 – Socrates Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
February 23 – Mysteries with Character – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
February 24 – Baroness’ Book Trove – SPOTLIGHT
February 25 – MJB Reviewers – SPOTLIGHT
February 26 – Ascroft, eh? – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
February 26 – Sapphyria’s Book Reviews – REVIEW
February 27 – Ruff Drafts – SPOTLIGHT, RECIPE
February 27 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – SPOTLIGHT
February 28 – Cozy Up With Kathy – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?