If you’re reading this post, there’s a good chance you know a lot about me already; so when I attempted to meet the challenge of writing five things about myself, I decided to include facts that some people weren’t aware of but might find interesting.
- I chose to become a librarian after taking a college vocational test in my Sophomore year at college that showed my interests and skills to be best matched to a career in librarianship and writing. I’ve worked as a librarian for 25 years and will be publishing my third novel this fall.
- I grew up with cats, have written about them in short stories, articles, and books and am a long-time member of a wonderful organization known as the Cat Writer’s Association. I currently have two male cats of my own – a striped, 7-year old tabby my daughter named Stripey and my mother’s 16-year old Siamese, Oliver, who I adopted three years ago.
- Although I don’t watch a lot of television, I enjoy The Librarians, The Catch, and my favorite series, Bones, that I recently started watching on Netflix.
- My happiest experiences were my wedding day 25 years ago next July; the birth of my daughter who will be 12 this October; and the contract offer from Limitless Publishing I received for my novel, A STONE’S THROW, that was published last November and which will soon have a sequel.
- My favorite dessert is Black Forest cake, and I love dark chocolate. My favorite snacks are unsalted peanuts out of the shell and sugarless gum.
It’s a pleasure to participate in the blog challenge Sophia Valentine of Lifestyle and Literature created (see graphic for topics and dates if you have a blog and would like to participate. If you’re a reader, I’m sure you’ll enjoy learning about some of the great participating authors).